Sunday, June 15, 2008

Borrowing Quotes

I have granted you much that you asked: and yet you never cease to ask of me. He who refuses nothing, Atticilla, will soon have nothing to refuse.
~ Marcus Valerius Martial

Believe me that it is a godlike thing to lend; to owe is a heroic virtue.
~ Francois Rabelais

Neither a borrower nor a lender be, For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulleth edge of husbandry.
~William Shakespeare


Don't cling to fame. You're just borrowing it. It's like money. You're going to die, and somebody else is going to get it.
Sonny Bono

Essentially, when we run a deficit, we are borrowing money to buy things that are made overseas.
Peter DeFazio

Home life ceases to be free and beautiful as soon as it is founded on borrowing and debt.
Henrik Ibsen

I can get no remedy against this consumption of the purse; borrowing only lingers and lingers it out, but the disease is incurable
William Shakespeare Quotes

I care not so much what I am to others as what I am to myself. I will be rich by myself, and not by borrowing.
Michel de Montaigne

I haven't inherited the earth from my parents, I am borrowing it from my children.
Mark Udall

What question can be here? Your own true heart Must needs advise you of the only part: That may be claim'd again which was but lent, And should be yielded with no discontent, Nor surely can we find herein a wrong, That it was left us to enjoy it long.
~Archbishop Richard Chenevix Trench


Who goeth a borrowing Goeth a sorrowing. Few lend (but fools) Their working tools. - Thomas Tusser,
Thomas Tusser

Borrowed garments never fit well.


Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
William Shakespeare

More quotes on borrowing
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings