Monday, March 23, 2009

Cats Quotes

SOme Nice quotes on cats


I'm aloof, I like to run around outside, but I also like to curl up in warm spots. I eat fish. - Megan Coughlin on why she'd make a good cat

The naming of cats is a difficult matter. It isn't just one of your holiday games. You may think at first I'm mad as a hatter. When I tell you a cat must have three different names... - T.S. Eliot

I love cats because I love my home and after a while they become its visible soul. ~Jean Cocteau


By and large, people who enjoy teaching animals to roll over will find themselves happier with a dog. ~Barbara Holland


You cannot look at a sleeping cat and feel tense. ~Jane Pauley


If by chance I seated myself to write, she very slyly, very tenderly, seeking protection and caresses, would softly take her place on my knee and follow the comings and goings of my pen -sometimes effacing, with an unintentional stroke of her paw, lines of whose tenor she disapproved. ~Pierre Loti


You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals. ~George Mikes

More Cat Quotes to be found here.


I named my kitten Rose - fur soft as a petal, claws sharper than thorns. ~Astrid Alauda


If he is comic, it is only because of the incongruity of so demure a look and so wild a heart. ~Alan Devoe


To err is human, to purr is feline. ~Robert Byrne


Cat lovers can readily be identified. Their clothes always look old and well used. Their sheets look like bath towels and their bath towels look like a collection of knitting mistakes. ~Eric Gurney


The cat loves fish, but she's loath to wet her feet. ~Proverb


Do you see that kitten chasing so prettily her own tail? If you could look with her eyes, you might see her surrounded with hundreds of figures performing complex dramas, with tragic and comic issues, long conversations, many characters, many ups and downs of fate. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson




I don't think it is so much the actual bath that most cats dislike; I think it's the fact that they have to spend a good part of the day putting their hair back in place. ~Debbie Peterson


The way to keep a cat is to try to chase it away. ~E.W. Howe


Who would believe such pleasure from a wee ball o' fur? ~Irish Saying
"You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals."
- George Mikes from "How to be decadent

"Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you."
~ Mary Bly

"For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat."
~ Anon

"I love cats because I love my home and after a while they become its visible soul."
~ Jean Cocteau

A happy arrangement: many people prefer cats to other people, and many cats prefer people to other cats.
~Mason Cooley


Artists like cats; soldiers like dogs.
~Desmond Morris

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
~ Albert Schweitzer

"There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat."
~ Tay Hohoff


Dogs have owners, cats have staff. ~Author Unknown

Actually, I don't hate cats, I'm just kind of afraid of them.
Clay Aiken

All cats are grey in the dark.
Thomas Lodge


One must love a cat on its own terms. ~Paul Gray


Those who play with cats must expect to be scratched. ~Proverb


To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of conviction - and a cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by. ~Stephen Baker


The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. - Michael McGarel

We need a word for all the kitty-prints that are all over my windshield because the cats like to lie on my hood when the car is still warm. - Megan Coughlin
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings