Monday, March 23, 2009

Winter Quotes

One kind word can warm three winter months.
~Japanese Proverb


People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
~Rogers Hornsby


In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
~William Blake


In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.
~Albert Camus


Winter either bites with its teeth or lashes with its tail.
~Proverb


O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?
~Percy Bysshe Shelley


To shorten winter, borrow some money due in spring.
~W.J. Vogel


If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
~Anne Bradstreet


Winter dies into the spring, to be born again in the autumn.
~Marche Blumenberg


For the unlearned, old age is winter; for the learned it is the season of the harvest.
~The Talmud


Every mile is two in winter.
~George Herbert


Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
~Victor Hugo


I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood. ~Bill Watterson


There are only two seasons -- winter and Baseball.
~Bill Veeck


Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.
~Pietro Aretino


Winter either bites with its teeth or lashes with its tail.
~Unknown Author


One of my current pet theories is that the winter is a kind of evangelist, more subtle than Billy Graham, of course, but of the same stuff.
~Shirley Ann Grau


I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood.
~Bill Watterson


Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours."
~Robert Byrne


Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show.
~Andrew Wyeth
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings