Friday, January 2, 2009

Grandmother Quotes

Famous and some cute quotes on grandmothers

A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance.
-- Author Unknown

A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween.
~ Erma Bombeck


A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.
~ Lois Wyse

It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother - that's why the world calls her grandmother. ~Author Unknown


Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy? They suck it out of their grandparents. ~Gene Perret

As a former teacher and a mother and grandmother, I know firsthand the importance of a quality education.
Sue Kelly

At the age of fifteen my grandmother became the concubine of a warlord general.
Jung Chang

As a child I knew almost nothing, nothing beyond what I had picked up in my grandmother's house. All children, I suppose, come into the world like that, not knowing who they are.
~ V. S. Naipaul

Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.
~ Pam Brown



I am a grandmother now, and that means age is creeping on, creeping on.
Lillie Langtry

I bought a house in the Hollywood Hills and brought my grandmother from Harlem to live in it with me.
Sammy Davis, Jr.

I don't feel like a grandmother. I don't.
Priscilla Presley

A house needs a grandma in it.
~Louisa May Alcott

When a child is born, so are grandmothers.
~Judith Levy

Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.
~Author Unknown

It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.
~Christopher Morley

We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.
~Phyllis Theroux


Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old.
~Mary H. Waldrip

Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.
~ Marcy DeMaree

Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother.
~ Edward H. Dreschnack

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. ~Proverb


An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly. ~Gene Perret


If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. ~Italian Proverb


Elephants and grandchildren never forget. ~Andy Rooney


Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.
~ Pam Brown

Being pretty on the inside means you don't hit your brother and you eat all your peas - that's what my grandma taught me.
~ Lord Chesterfield
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings