Thursday, December 25, 2008

Grief Quotes

On our quotes and sayings site, today we have grief quotes.




If you suppress grief too much, it can well redouble.
~Moliere


Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight.
~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Those things that hurt, instruct.
~Benjamin Franklin

Can I see another's woe, and not be in sorrow too? Can I see another's grief, and not seek for kind relief?
William Blake

During my grief, I realised there was nothing I could do for my mother, but I did have a child.
Namie Amuro


Every night when I go to bed, I hope that I may never wake again, and every morning renews my grief.
Franz Schubert

There is no grief like the grief that does not speak.
~Henry Wordsworth Longfellow


Even his griefs are a joy long after to one that remembers all that he wrought and endured.
~Homer

Grief teaches the steadiest minds to waver.
~Sophocles

Excess of grief for the dead is madness; for it is an injury to the living, and the dead know it not.
Xenophon

To spare oneself from grief at all cost can be achieved only at the price of total detachment, which excludes the ability to experience happiness
~ Erich Fromm

Tears are the silent language of grief
~Voltaire

Waste not fresh tears over old griefs.
~Euripides

The only cure for grief is action.
~George Henry Lewes


One joy shatters a hundred griefs
~Chinese Proverbs

In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.
~Robert Ingersoll


Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.
~Jacques Prévert


The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep. ~Henry Maudsley
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings