Thursday, March 19, 2009

Writing Quotes

These are some writing quotes.. or quotes about writing..

I try to leave out the parts that people skip. ~Elmore Leonard


If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison

Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space. ~Orson Scott Card

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
Steven Wright



I'd rather be caught holding up a bank than stealing so much as a two-word phrase from another writer. ~Jack Smith

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.
Mother Teresa

The best way to become acquainted with a subject is to write a book about it.
~Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)

Not every story has explosions and car chases. That's why they have nudity and espionage.
~Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum,

I put all my genius into my life; I put only my talent into my works.

I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.
Steven Wright



An incurable itch for scribbling takes possession of many, and grows inveterate in their insane breasts.
~Juvenal, Satires


Writing is a struggle against silence.
~Carlos Fuentes

A metaphor is like a simile.
~Author Unknown


The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.
~Mark Twain

What I like in a good author is not what he says, but what he whispers.
~Logan Pearsall Smith,


The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium.
~Norbet Platt
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings