Friday, January 2, 2009

Trees Quotes

Some Quotes and sayings on Trees


if all man's works of art, a cathedral is greatest.
A vast and majestic tree is greater than that.
~ Henry Ward Beecher

If a tree dies, plant another in its place.
~Linnaeus

A seed hidden in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible.
~Welsh Proverb


For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.
~Martin Luther

A Poem does not grow by jerks. As trees in Spring produce a new ring of tissue, so does every poet put forth a fresh outlay of stuff at the same season.
Wilfred Owen

A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.
e. e. cummings


And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
William Shakespeare

April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom, holiday tables under the trees.
E. Y. Harburg







There is always Music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it.
~Minnie Aumonier


It is difficult to realize how great a part of all that is cheerful and delightful in the recollections of our own life is associated with trees.
~Wilson Flagg


And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
~William Shakespeare

A tree falls the way it leans.
~Bulgarian Proverb




People in suburbia see trees differently than foresters do. They cherish every one.
It is useless to speak of the probability that a certain tree will die when the tree is in someone's backyard .... You are talking about a personal asset, a friend,
a monument, not about board feet of lumber.
~Roger Swain




The evergreen! How beautiful, how welcome, how wonderful the evergreen!
When one thinks of it, how astonishing a variety of nature! In some countries
we know that the tree that sheds its leaf is the variety, but that does not make
it less amazing, that the same soil and the same sun should nurture plants
differing in the first rule and law of their existence.
~ Jane Austen



If I thought I was going to die tomorrow,I should nevertheless plant a tree today.
~ Stephan Girard

More Trees Quotes


I measure myself
Against a tall tree
I find that I am much taller,
For I reach right up to the sun
With my eye;
And I reach to the shore of the sea
With my ear.
Nevertheless, I dislike
The way the ants crawl
In and out of my shadow.
- Wallace Stevens
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings