Sunday, January 18, 2009

Patriotism Quotes

Patriotism Quotes and sayings


I will fight for my country, but I will not lie for her.
~Zora Neale Hurston


The flag is the embodiment, not of sentiment, but of history.
~Woodrow Wilson


When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home.
~Sir Winston Churchill



If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace. ~Hamilton Fish


Patriotism is a kind of religion; it is the egg from which wars are hatched. ~Guy de Maupassant


Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first. ~Charles de Gaulle


Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him? ~Blaise Pascal


It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind. ~Voltaire

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.
~Bertrand Russell


Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
~Samuel Johnson


Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles.
~George Jean Nathan


When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.
~Adlai E. Stevenson


You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
~Malcolm X


Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.
~Calvin Coolidge


Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives.
~John Adams


Patriotism is a kind of religion; it is the egg from which wars are hatched.
~Guy de Maupassant


The single best augury is to fight for one's country.
~Homer


Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.
~Albert Einstein


It is not unseemly for a man to die fighting in defense of his country.
~Homer


Nationalism is a silly cock crowing on his own dunghill.
~Richard Aldington


You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
~George Bernard Shaw


It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind.
~Voltaire


Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
~George Bernard Shaw


I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.
~Nathan Hale


Men love their country, not because it is great, but because it is their own. ~Seneca


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world.
~Eugene V. Debs



He loves his country best who strives to make it best.
~Robert G. Ingersoll


I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world.
~Diogenes


If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag. ~Author Unknown


And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
~John F. Kennedy


The proper means of increasing the love we bear our native country is to reside some time in a foreign one.
~William Shenstone
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings