Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weed Quotes

Weed Quotes and Some quotations with the word weed.

I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed.
Jerome K. Jerome

I didn't want to tell the tree or weed what it was. I wanted it to tell me something and through me express its meaning in nature.
Wynn Bullock

I grew up like a neglected weed - of liberty, having no experience of it.
~Harriet Tubman

Don't water your weeds.
~Proverb


What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

He who hunts for flowers will finds flowers; and he who loves weeds will find weeds. ~Henry Ward Beecher


Even the richest soil, if left uncultivated will produce the rankest weeds.
~Leonardo da Vinci

A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it.
~Dogen


A man's nature runs either to herbs, or to weeds; therefore let him seasonably water the one, and destroy the other.
~Francis Bacon

A weed is no more than a flower in disguise, Which is seen through at once, if love give a man eyes.
~James Russell Lowell

Bamboo is not a weed, it's a flowering plant. Bamboo is a magnificent plant.
~Steve Lacy


A good garden may have some weeds.
~Thomas Fuller


Anti-Semitism is a noxious weed that should be cut out. It has no place in America.
~William Howard Taft


When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown


Man is the only critter who feels the need to label things as flowers or weeds. ~Author Unknown



Weed 'em and reap. ~Author Unknown


Sweet flowers are slow and weeds make haste.
~William Shakespeare


They whom truth and wisdom lead, can gather honey from a weed.
~William Cowper

A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds.
~Author Unknown


Violence is like a weed - it does not die even in the greatest drought.
Simon Wiesenthal

Weed, you know, you just get mellow. You can drive pretty stoned and be OK. I mean, sometimes you get too stoned and you can't drive. But you could get pretty stoned and still drive.
~Jason Mewes

Well I was always a hustler... I ran numbers; I wasn't a stick up kid, but I was a fence for them. I used to sell weed; and was kicked out of Music and Art for that.
~Kurtis Blow

Plant and your spouse plants with you; weed and you weed alone.
~Author Unknown


Criticizing another's garden doesn't keep the weeds out of your own.
~Author Unknown

We can in fact only define a weed, mutatis mutandis, in terms of the well-known definition of dirt - as matter out of place. What we call a weed is in fact merely a plant growing where we do not want it.
~E.J. Salisbury


You must weed your mind as you would weed your garden.
~Astrid Alauda


Slavery is a weed that grows on every soil.
~Edmund Burke

So what if I'm smokin' weed onstage and doing what I gotta do? It's not me shooting nobody, stabbing nobody, killing nobody. It's a peaceful gesture and they have to respect that and appreciate that.
~Snoop Dogg



That's what I do... Some people smoke weed, some people smoke cigarettes, some people snort coke... I pop pills, I smoke and I drink syrup, that's my twist.
~Beanie Sigel



They know, they just know where to grow, how to dupe you, and how to camouflage themselves among the perfectly respectable plants, they just know, and therefore, I've concluded weeds must have brains.
~Dianne Benson


There are some faults so nearly allied to excellence that we can scarce weed out the vice without eradicating the virtue.
~Oliver Goldsmith

But make no mistake: the weeds will win; nature bats last.
~Robert M. Pyle

The Department of Justice transcends party because we're building on the Weed and Seed program.
~Janet Reno



A man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season. ~Author Unknown


No computer, no gadget, no trickery. I am an animal, it is a plant. I will beat the weed!
Matthew McConaughey

Oh yeah, the preacher's kid has to be the baddest one. If everyone is smoking weed, we've got to smoke crack. If you're throwing rocks, we've got to throw bigger rocks.
Nick Cannon

Once you go inside and weed through the muck, you will find the real beauty, the truth about yourself.
Lindsay Wagner

Plant and your spouse plants with you; weed and you weed alone.
Jean Jacques Rousseau


Science grows like a weed every year.
Kary Mullis

Revenge is a kind of wild justice, which the more a man's nature runs to, the more ought law to weed it out.
Francis Bacon


What is a weed? I have heard it said that there are sixty definitions. For me, a weed is a plant out of place. ~Donald Culross Peattie


Crabgrass can grow on bowling balls in airless rooms, and there is no known way to kill it that does not involve nuclear weapons. ~Dave Barry


Ignorance is an evil weed, which dictators may cultivate among their dupes, but which no democracy can afford among its citizens.
William Beveridge


In Mallrats, you pretty much don't see him sell any weed, really. I don't consider him a big dealer.
Jason Mewes

I always think of my sins when I weed. They grow apace in the same way and are harder still to get rid of. ~Helena Rutherfurd Ely



Less than the dust beneath thy chariot wheel, less than the weed that grows beside thy door.
Adela Florence Nicolson

My mother always called me an ugly weed, so I never was aware of anything until I was older. Plain girls should have someone telling them they are beautiful. Sometimes this works miracles.
Hedy Lamarr

Neither do thou lust after that tawny weed tobacco.
Ben Jonson

A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows. ~Doug Larson


A weed is but an unloved flower. ~Ella Wheeler Wilcox


But a weed is simply a plant that wants to grow where people want something else. In blaming nature, people mistake the culprit. Weeds are people's idea, not nature's. ~Author Unknown
I work very hard on the writing, writing and rewriting and trying to weed out the lumber.
David McCullough


If you allow one single germ, one single seed of slavery to remain in the soil of America... that germ will spring up, that noxious weed will thrive, and again stifle the growth, wither the leaves, blast the flowers and poison the fair fruits of freedom.
Ernestine L. Rose


If we had paid no more attention to our plants than we have to our children, we would now be living in a jungle of weed.
Luther Burbank

I love having my hands in the dirt. It is never a science and always an art. There are no rules. And if it comes down to me versus that weed I'm trying to pull out of the ground that doesn't want to come out? I know I'll win.
Matthew McConaughey
One is tempted to say that the most human plants, after all, are the weeds. ~John Burroughs


May all your weeds be wildflowers. ~Author Unknown
Share these Quotes using >> Facebook / Twitter / Delicious / Digg / Reddit / YahooMyWeb

3 Comments:

Blogger sam said...

I have read a few good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting.
Volvo V40 Turbo

May 25, 2011 at 12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaguar S-Type Supercharger

Great, great post! It’s something I have never thought about, really, but it makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks for sharing

August 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Enthusiasm Quotes said...

Very amazing and interesting post
famous Positive quotes
make new friends

October 21, 2017 at 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


DISCLAIMER:: If you feel that there is violation of copyrights, Just leave a comment or mail me and I will do the needful. Privacy policy of Famous Quotes and Sayings